Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pontiff prays pour P in Paris


I am sure he could feel our presence.

We arrived one block from Esplanade des Invalides over an hour before Pope Benedict was scheduled to deliver High Mass to a crowd of more than 200K. The gens d'arme were already saying it was full, and sending people around behind the stage to place Vauban (the other side of the dome) where a large screen was set up with an excellent sound system. We found a place on the grass, and settled in. The Pope arrived in the "Popemobile" and blessed the crowds on either side as he slowly made his way to the front. I am sure we were blessed many times as he worked to cover the crowds :).

The streets from home were lined with police, there were choppers over head, and thousands of volunteers giving out water, and a service kits which included plastic ponchos which we sat on.

It was a cool experience, and worth the short trek. My only regret is that I missed my chance to discuss the merits of the DaVinci Code with the Pontiff himself.

3 comments:

JBC said...

Grace says she's happy that Poppy and Disa saw the Pope. D's pickle looks yummy too.

D. Gillespie said...

I've heard rumours the Pope favours red Prada shoes.

Can you confirm?

Gemma said...

Hi Guys -- I adore the blog. It's my afternoon break entertainment!

Disa's "POPE!" video is so great!! Keep 'em coming!


à la prochaine! xo