Monday, September 22, 2008

Plastic Surgeon Treats Impaled Expat

If you follow France culture at all, it's difficult not to come across a "how great the French health care system is" article. Well here's another for the pile.

As silly as it sounds, I went to the Doctor today to have a splinter removed. Yes a splinter. I have been trying to dig it out for about a week now, with no success. So I decided to put the needle & tweezers, in the hands of a professional.

After about 20min of digging, my new GP (who is from Montreal btw) couldn't get it out. So she says "I am just going to go next door and see if the Plastic Surgeon is available". Thirty seconds later, my GP comes back with the Plastic Surgeon and 30 seconds after that, my splinter is out!

French Health Care in action!

1 comment:

JBC said...

This has got to be a Jo blog! lol