Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fun with the Millepattes (hockey sur glace)

Finding hockey in Paris was really tough, but it was really worth the effort. The Colombes Millepattes practice 10:15pm on Monday's and Thursday's and play many Sunday nights in a friendly interclub format. The team is 2-2 since I joined, and until last Sunday, most were close games. Last Sunday the score was 23-2, the most lop-sided game I've ever played. I only had 2 goals and 5 assists, but another Canadian had a triple hat-rick. The hockey is fun, with a good mix of experinced skilled players, and a handful of novices. The hockey is helping me stay in shape, practice my French, make friends and play a sport I love. Mary Jo said no one would be interested in my dumb hockey news:), so this one is for James, and me when I read the blog in my old age.

Colombes new version of Nick Lidstrom

1 comment:

D. Gillespie said...

Erik and I read your "dumb" hockey news and both laughed.

We like any news from your part of the world.

Never even heard of a triple hat-trick before.