Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life's little pleasures


Regular blog readers will know that American style mayo fetches a steep price here in Paris. The past couple of months, I have gained an alternative source of Hellmans and I just had to share my joy.

An American friend of mine makes a trip to Belgium once a month to shop at the US military commissary. She recently offered to pick me up a few things. Of course, I ordered a big jar of Hellmann's. Upon receipt of the Mondo American sized jar, I did a quick calculation of its street value in Paris, based on the baby food sized jar that I am used to buying.

1.4L of Hellmann's in Paris would be worth $27 cdn!!!! Uncle Sam helped me get it for $6!!! God bless America and my mule who brought it back.

2 comments:

D. Gillespie said...

I think that jar might take up most of one shelf in your European-sized fridge.


Good bargain shopping. Did you and the girls order any cereal?

Mary Jo - Pat Tom Lodge Reunion Messenger said...

cheerios. and they have been eaten at every meal since they were delivered.