Sunday, September 13, 2009

La Parisienne

My first international road race - what a day! Over 15 000 woman took to the streets of Paris today, to take part in La Parisienne 6k. The European running moms; Vanessa, Andrea and myself ran like a still wind and soaked up the fun and spectacle of the most entertaining road race I have ever ran.

Live music was a-plenty with bands seranading us starting well before the start line and throughout the entire race. The music of the day was mostly african drummers, which I highly recommend if you want to get your groove on, while your running the streets of Paris.

Ottawa running moms, you would have fit in just fine here with your tutus. I wish you could have been here to join in on the fun.

Check our our little of vid of the race on youtube. Vanessa is the blond, Andrea with the smile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLhuRt4oJv0

1 comment:

D. Gillespie said...

just watched the video and am now itching to go for a run - just wish my route took me to the Eiffel Tower.

all three of you looked like you had so much fun.

darc